... why I'm going to Africa. (Written by Christopher)
1. There are some things in life that are bigger than you. Sometimes it's literal, and sometimes it's figurative. Literally speaking, dragons are BIG. Much bigger than me, anyways. Figuratively (or perhaps spiritually) speaking, dragons are big. At least mine are. Can you imagine having to slay a dragon? Well, I can pretty easily. I fight every day to do so. Every day I'm not serving the Lord in Africa, I feel like I'm eating a bag of spiritual potato chips. Sure, I'm enjoying the greasy life of luxury, but I'm not the fit champion I need to be to slay my challenges in life. I NEED to go on my mission, that I can become who the Lord wants me to be, and that I may have the strength to slay my dragons.
2. The chicks dig it. I mean, really, what is more appealing to a lovely young woman than a strong, tan, emotional man? A man who knows God, that's what. Going on this mission will not only make me the person I want to be, but it will make me the man my future woman wants me to be. I'll be stronger, more mature, and capable of bearing trials in all patience. More importantly, I'll be able to sustain her in all spiritual matters.
3. The people in Africa need me. Well, no they don't. They need God, and I can introduce them. They've suffered innumerable insufferable tribulations in Sierra Leone and Liberia. Many have lost limb, life, and loved ones to horrid wars and contentions. Can money fix this? Don't be silly. Sure, you can buy prosthetics, buy homes, rebuild and reconstruct a devastated society. But can money mend a broken heart? Can it bring families back together? Can it inspire, give hope, and bring love to a people who so desperately need it? No. It simply can't. That's my job, to teach the good word of God to those who don't know him, and teach them to live in a way that can bring them joy forever. In doing so, they will be a restored people in a way that transcends anything else.
These people are in need. I know that my mission is divinely appointed, and that God had me in mind to help these people. There is something about me that allows me to love and teach them in a way that nobody else can. This is my mission, and my purpose, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
This was posted by Christopher on Sunday, Oct 31, 2010 on his facebook page.
ReplyDelete